Your privacy is important to Mantle Arts and its publishing arm, Mantle Lane Press. This privacy notice provides information about the different types of personal information that we collect and the ways in which we use it.
Who we are
Mantle Arts is an arts organisation based in Coalville, Leicestershire.
Red Lighthouse is the Mantle Art’s programme of writing and literature projects, which includes participatory activity with schools, libraries and local communities, plus support and development for new and established writers.
Mantle Lane Press is the publishing arm of Mantle Arts.
Mantle Arts has charitable status.
When do we collect personal information about you?
We may hold information relating to you from a number of sources, and will collect personal information about you:
- When you give it to us directly, for example, personal information that you submit through our website by signing up to a newsletter, contacting us through the “Contact Us” form, or any personal data that you share with us when you communicate with us by email, phone or post.
- When you make a purchase through our online shop at Mantle Lane Press.
What personal information do we use?
We will collect, store and otherwise process the following information:
- Your name and postal address.
- Email address, telephone number(s), and social media identities if you opt to provide them.
- We will collect information about your order (but not your financial information) when you make a purchase through our online shop.
How we use your personal information
Mantle Arts may use your personal information:
- to provide you with services, products or information (entry to courses, books purchased) that you have requested;
- to provide updates about our work, services, activities, publications or products;
- to invite you to Mantle Arts events we feel that you might be interested in;
- to answer your questions/ requests and communicate with you in general;
- to analyse and improve our work, services, activities, products or information (including our website) or for our internal records or reporting mechanisms for public funding boards;
- to process your application for a job when you apply by contacting us via our website;to audit and/ or administer our accounts;
- to include your contribution on our website if you contact us with content;
- to satisfy legal obligations that are binding on us, for example in relation to law enforcement requests or due diligence checks and for the establishment, defence of enforcement of legal claims.
Mantle Lane Press will also use your personal information to fulfil the purchases you make through the online shop.
We are required to rely on one or more lawful grounds to collect and use the personal information that we have outlined above. We consider the grounds listed below to be relevant:
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information in a certain way, for example where we ask for your consent to send you a newsletter.
- Legal obligation
Where the processing of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Contractual relationship
Where it is necessary for us to process your personal information in order to perform a contract to which you are a party (or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract),for example Mantle Arts relies on this ground in order to fulfil any order you make in the online shop.
Do we share your personal information?
Mantle Arts will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. However, we may disclose your personal information to selected third party processors (such as agents or sub-contractors);
- We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to send out our newsletters. When you sign up to one of our newsletters your email address and if provided, name is sent directly to MailChimp.
- We use a third party provider, SurveyMonkey,to facilitate our surveys. The information you provide is sent directly to SurveyMonkey.
- for auditing purposes e.g. finance audits where we employ chartered accountants;
- if we are under any legal or regulatory obligation to do so;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
International Data Transfers
As we sometimes use third parties to process personal information, it is possible that personal information we collect from you will be transferred to and stored in a location outside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA). Please note that certain countries outside of the UK or EEA have a lower standard of protection for personal information, including lower security protections. Where your personal information is transferred, stored, and/or otherwise processed outside the UK or EEA in a country which does not offer an equivalent standard of protection to the UK or EEA, we will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that the recipient implements appropriate safeguards designed to protect your personal information.
Our third party provider,SurveyMonkey, stores your personal data on servers in the United States. They will only use it for the purpose of facilitating the survey. SurveyMonkey is certified under the Privacy Shield.
When you sign up to one of our online newsletters, our third party provider,MailChimp, stores your email address (and, if you provide it, your name) on servers in the United States. They will only use it for the purpose of sending you the newsletter.MailChimp is certified under thePrivacy Shield. You can easily unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the end of the newsletter, or send an email to email@example.com.
Securing your personal information
Mantle Arts will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We restrict access to those who have a need to know.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Unless still required in connection with the purpose for which it was collected and/or processed, we will generally retain your personal information on our records unless you validly exercise one of your rights of erasure when we will remove it from our records.
Your rights and preferences
Mantle Arts may contact you by post unless you request otherwise, and by telephone, email, social media or other electronic means depending on the communication preferences you have previously indicated.Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information,you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
When we use your personal information you have the right to:
- Ask us for confirmation of what personal information we hold about you, and to request a copy of that information. If we are satisfied that you have a legal entitlement to see this personal information, and we are able to confirm your identity, we will provide you with this personal information.
- Request that we delete the personal information we hold about you, as far as we are legally required to do so.
- Ask that we correct any personal information that we hold about you which you believe to be inaccurate.
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we: (i) process on the basis of the legitimate interests ground; (ii) use the personal information for direct marketing; or (iii) use the personal information for statistical purposes.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Comissioner’s Office atwww.ico.org.uk/concerns
Mantle Arts is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked web sites. Please review the privacy notices of such websites.
Updating this privacy notice
Mantle Arts may update this privacy notice by posting a new version on this website. If we update this privacy notice in a way that significantly changes how we use your personal information, we will bring these changes to your attention. Otherwise, we would recommend that you periodically review this privacy notice to be aware of any other revisions.
How to contact us
Telephone: 01530 830811
Post: FAO Mantle Arts, Springboard Centre, Mantle Lane, Coalville, LE67 3DW